Harmony in Practice programs are structured to:
- Provide participants with direct exposure to the elegant wisdom of nature. Each session will include an outing or field trip.
- Foster a community of shared experience. Each session will include both small and large group conversations.
- Move participants toward action. After each session all participants will be asked to commit to one achievable action that can be accomplished prior to the next gathering.
- Collect our observations and experiences. Each participant is asked to capture their experiences in notes, photographs and blogs.
- Share our ideas with others. Each participant is encouraged to take their work into their classrooms and to share their ideas with other educators.
- Embrace experimentation. Participants are encouraged to play with new ideas before they are fully formed and to try new things before they may have full comfort with them.
- Move forward incrementally. There is no illusion that Harmony in Practice work will change our educational communities quickly. It is slow but reasoned and deliberate work.